Thursday, September 18, 2014

Buddy Program


          UAFS offers a program called the Buddy Program. With this program, you as an international student, are provided an American buddy/friend that is here to help you along the way with anything that you need help with. Your buddy is to meet with you once a week during the first month of school. Usually, buddies tend to meet with you more than once a week. A close friendship normally develops from the Buddy Program. I met a student two years ago, because she was my buddy, and I still keep in contact with her even though she has gone back to Japan. I believe that every new international student should sign up for the Buddy Program, even if you do not think you want an American buddy. American buddies help international students from feeling homesick or overwhelmed. This is a great program, and something that every new international student should consider becoming part of.
 
My international buddy
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment