Thursday, September 4, 2014

How to Overcome Homesickness

I’ve notice many students mentioning about homesickness. I understand that about that feeling too. I was overseas for a month, yet it was still hard for me to adjust the very few days I was there. However, I learn to overcome them quickly. These are some of the tips that I used. First, I made friends with other students and I kept myself busy. In just a matter of seconds, I forgot about that feeling of missing my family. Next, I go to do something fun such as shopping or walking around the campus. Walking relieves stress and can help you stay fit. Last but not least, I Skype with my family and I usually call them at least once a week. That way, I stay updated with my family and my family is not worry about me. These are some of a few tips that I used during my stay overseas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment